Creation Care Consultation
23-27th April 2018 at Tahlee Ministries, NSW, Australia
–Registration information coming soon–
Are You …
- a Christian leader who is concerned with how we are treating the Earth and its creatures, (both human and non-human), and wonder how you and your faith community (church, organization, learning institution) can be a part of the solution?
- strategically placed and eager to promote a practice of creation care inspired and shaped by the Biblical story within your denomination, institution, or organization, and to be a catalyst within your community and circle of influence?
- from the Oceania region, (Micronesia, Melanesia, Polynesia, Australia and New Zealand)?
If you answered “Yes” to each of these questions, we want to connect with you!
We are looking for strategic Christian leaders within the nations of the South Pacific region who have a passion (or the seeds of a passion), for caring for God’s good creation.
The Lausanne/WEA Creation Care Consultation – Oceania (LWCCC-O) is part of a global campaign to jump-start or strengthen evangelical creation care movements. The consultation seeks to catalyze a movement of Christians who will develop new and strengthen existing creation care partnerships and initiatives throughout the South Pacific.
The consultation will be held on the grounds of the beautiful Tahlee Ministries campus, located on the magnificent north shore of Port Stephens, NSW, Australia from 23-27th April 2018. We are planning an engaging, interactive, and multicultural consultation, in which, as a community of practice, we together explore God’s Word (the Bible), God’s World (the nature and state of the planet), and God’s Work (how Christians can be, and already are, engaged in caring for creation).
Consultation Theme: Christ is Lord over all Creation.
- To explore the theme of creation care in the biblical narrative through the lenses of the different cultures in the Oceania region.
- For participants to be equipped to catalyze and facilitate evangelical creation care movements in their contexts and to encourage existing initiatives within the region.
- To exchange stories of creation care in action, share resources and knowledge, and foster new and existing partnerships.
- To develop a strong and active regional network of creation care practitioners and advocates.
We have assembled a range of respected theologians, scientists and creation care practitioners both from within Oceania and from further afield.
Here’s a sampler of the questions we hope to explore together:
- How does God view creation?
- Why is care of creation care integral to Christian life and mission?
- What unique contributions can indigenous peoples make towards creation care and environmental justice in the region?
- How can the Christian community be mobilized to engage in caring for God’s world?
- What Christian organizations and networks in my country are already involved in care for creation initiatives? What can I learn from them?
- How can we support and encourage each other? How can we foster stronger partnerships?
What you need to know:
Who should come? Christians in strategic leadership positions from within Oceania. In particular, we want to encourage young leaders (under 35).
What will we do? We’re planning a cross-cultural event where participants reflect on the theology and practice of creation-care from a range of perspectives, and learn from non-Western and indigenous experiences. The conference will be a mix of plenary sessions and interactive learning (in English). We will also explore and enjoy God’s creation around the beautiful Tahlee Ministries grounds, have time to get to know each other, pray and reflect. If you like birding, bring your binoculars because Tahlee is an impressive birding hotspot.
When? The conference will begin at 9.00am on Monday 23rd April, 2018 and end at 1.00pm on Friday 27th. Please plan to arrive by the evening of Sunday April 22nd.
Cost? Conference fees are AUD$500 per person. The fee covers accommodation & food and conference costs, but does not include travel costs to and from the conference.
For Further information? Please contact us: at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online registration information coming soon, thanks for your patience!